Buy used:
Condition: Used: Good
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

(Old Model) Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Black)(STBU1000100)

4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 2,868 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Black
1 TB

About this item

• Keep copies of your precious digital files, in case disaster strikes
  • Impressive 1 TB storage capacity,Spindle Speed 5400 RPM
  • Save feature enables user-generated content to be backed up from your favorite social network
  • Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer
  • Install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting
  • Features USB 3.0 for quick data transfer rates; upgrade to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 with the available additional adapter
Make your spread shine
Get ready for Easter Learn more

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

must be 18 to buy

Compare with similar items

This Item
(Old Model) Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Black)(STBU1000100)
Recommendations
Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Black - HDTB510XK3AA
dummy
UnionSine 1TB Ultra Slim Portable External Hard Drive HDD-USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Laptop, PS4, Xbox one,Xbox 360-Super Fast Transmission-HD-2510(Black)
dummy
Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PlayStation, & Xbox, 1-Year Rescue Service (STGX1000400) , Black
dummy
Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD — USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PlayStation, & Xbox -1-Year Rescue Service (STGX2000400)
dummy
(Old Model) Seagate Backup Plus 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA2000100)
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$54.99$54.88$52.19$70.99$69.99-15% $109.99
Typical:$129.00
Delivery
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Apr 2
Get it Apr 5 - 12
Customer Ratings
Storage Capacity
Portability
Tech Support
Durability
Easy to use
Sold By
eTechtronics (Your Trusted Online Retailer)
Amazon.com
UnionSine-US
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
marla
storage capacity
1 TB
1 TB
1 TB
1 TB
2 TB
2 TB
hardware interface
usb3.0
usb
usb3.0
usb2.0, usb3.0
usb3.0
usb3.0
compatible devices
Smartphone
Laptop
Laptop, PS4, Xbox, Gaming Console, Mac
Desktop, Laptop, Gaming Console
Desktop, Laptop
Desktop
form factor
Portable
Portable
2.5-inch
Portable
Portable
Portable
read speed
1 bytes per second
120 megabytes per second
120 megabytes per second
120 megabytes per second

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Technical Details

Collapse all

Additional Information

Warranty & Support

Amazon.com Return Policy:You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

(Old

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

Product Description

Product Description

The Seagate Backup Plus portable external hard drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks. Via the Seagate Dashboard, use the Protect function to set up a one-click plan or customize your scheduled local backup. Keep multiple copies of your files in case disaster strikes. With the Save feature, user-generated content can be backed up from your favorite social networks. Many people now use their smartphones to capture priceless moments. While these devices are handy and readily available, storage is not their strong suit. Capture a memory, post it on a social networking site and let the Seagate Dashboard automatically back up any content posted. Even if the file gets accidentally deleted from the device, another copy can be waiting. The Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer. The days of uploading individual files without creating a new album are gone! Simply select files to upload, choose where to post them and even add comments. Managing your social profile has never been easier. Install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac, and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting the drive. For even more flexibility, with the Seagate Backup Plus design, you can upgrade from the included USB 3.0 interface to Thunderbolt technology with the available additional adapter. Ships with: Seagate Backup Plus Drive, Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded on drive, USB 3.0 interface adapter, 18-inch USB 3.0 cable, Quickstart guide, 2-year limited warranty. System Requirements: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (reformatting for Mac may be required) and SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds; compatibility may depend on user's configuration and operating system). What’s in the box: Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded on drive, NTFS driver for Mac pre-loaded on drive, USB 3.0 interface adapter, 18-inch USB 3.0 cable, Quick start guide and 2-year limited warranty.

From the Manufacturer

Back Up Your Digital Life

The Seagate Backup Plus portable drive delivers easy-to-use, highly flexible protection for your files in a full range of capacities. This drive also works seamlessly with your social media accounts so it's simple to back up and share your online photos, movies and more.

Create a backup plan with a single click for a set-it-and-forget-it solution
Unique adapter lets you quickly upgrade or change the drive's interface The Seagate Dashboard makes it simple to share your files with online social networks
Delivers easy-to-use, highly flexible protection for your files
One-Click Custom Backup Plans

The Backup Plus portable drive comes pre-loaded with premium backup software, included in the easy-to-use Seagate Dashboard. Create a backup plan with a single click using the 'Protect Now' feature for a set-it-and-forget-it solution. Quickly create custom backup plans to protect your files. Easy backup scheduling options include daily, weekly, monthly or specific times.

Save Your Social Life

The Seagate Dashboard makes it simple to share or save files associated with online social networks including Flickr, Facebook and YouTube. Automatically download copies of your photos, movies and more from social networking sites to your Backup Plus portable drive, and share files by simply clicking on your social network's icon within the Seagate Dashboard. Easily share multiple files with your social networks at the same time.

Powerfully Flexible

The Backup Plus portable drive features a unique adapter system that lets you quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or change the drive's interface. Take advantage of the newest, fastest connections--now and in the future: Choose from USB 3.0 (included), USB 2.0, and Thunderbolt technology.

What's in the Box?

Backup Plus Portable Drive, preloaded Seagate Dashboard, quick start guide, USB 3.0 adapter with 18-inch cable, warranty.

System Requirements

Compatible operating systems are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (reformatting for Mac may be required).

There's a Seagate Backup Plus Drive that's Perfect for Every Backup Need

Backup Plus Portable Drive Backup Plus Desktop Drive Backup Plus for Mac Portable Drive Backup Plus for Mac Desktop Drive Big Backup. Small Package.
With capacities up to 1.5TB, the Backup Plus portable drive makes it easy to take along plenty of extra storage.
Space to spare.
Capacities up to 4TB make the Backup Plus desktop drive the simple solution when your digital life goes big.
Ready to roll with your Mac computer.
The Backup Plus for Mac portable drive is compatible with Time Machine backup software straight out of the box.
Massive Mac backup.
Straight-out-of-the-box Time Machine software compatibility meets massive capacities in the Backup Plus for Mac desktop drive.

Customer reviews

4.5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5
2,868 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality, ease of use, performance, size and back-up of the computer drive. For example, they mention it works well for getting large files from one PC to another, it's simple to set up and has very descriptive instructions. They appreciate the fast download time and the compact size. Customers also like the back- up, portability, and appearance. That said, opinions are mixed on sturdiness.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

1,160 customers mention1,017 positive143 negative

Customers like the quality of the hard drive. They say it works well for getting large files from one PC to another. The performance and reliability have been great, and it's the best external hard drive that they looked at. Customers also say the price is right for 1 TB, and they have had no issues with it.

"...Mac OS and Windows Compatible- Decent Price PointCONS:- 'Nothing Special' Backup Software (its free for a reason)-..." Read more

"...have clearly done something wrong on their part because the product itself is superb...." Read more

"...The performance and reliability have been great...." Read more

"I've had the drive for a week and so far it has worked well. It is extremely light and quiet, also thin compared to most drives...." Read more

455 customers mention424 positive31 negative

Customers find the computer drive easy to use. They mention it's simple to set up how they want the items backed up and when. They also appreciate the clear instructions and easy-to-access packaging. Customers say the drive has been problem-free and runs cool. They say it'll recognize everything with absolutely no problem.

"...Aesthetically Pleasing- Compact yet Sturdy Build- Super Easy Set-Up (2 step Process)- No forced use of Software / Bloatware-..." Read more

"...It was installed successfully and I had direct access to the files via USB cable.I also like the design of the portable hard drive!..." Read more

"...Minimal set up (all I needed was one quick format) put me on track and the drive has been working reliably for the month or so I have owned it...." Read more

"...The packaging is very simple and easy to access. Just two pieces of Seagate branded tape keeps from opening it...." Read more

373 customers mention317 positive56 negative

Customers like the performance of the drive. They say it works blazingly fast, has a much greater transfer speed than the network, and has incredibly fast backups. They also appreciate the small size, fast download time, and good live tech support. Overall, customers are satisfied with the performance and recommend it to others.

"...No forced use of Software / Bloatware- Runs Quiet and Good Performance (in line with competitor read/write ranges)..." Read more

"...Transfer speeds via USB 2.0 are decent, and with the help of the IT guy at work, I was able to set up the partitions as planned...." Read more

"...It ran like a champ. I have it set to continuously back up my files...." Read more

"...Super fast drive if you have a compatible usb 3.0 slot. Total transfer back and forth was over 750 gigs of data and the drive barely got warm." Read more

308 customers mention284 positive24 negative

Customers are satisfied with the size of the computer drive. They mention that it is compact, runs cool, and fits just right in a Nintendo DS case. Some say that the solid state drives are excellent for system backups.

"...Aesthetically Pleasing- Compact yet Sturdy Build- Super Easy Set-Up (2 step Process)- No forced use of Software / Bloatware-..." Read more

"...As I pointed out earlier, the small footprint is really what I was going for to give me more desk space and this attractive unit is definitely that...." Read more

"...this particular drive that appealed to me are the drive's capacity, compact size, and USB power source...." Read more

"This external hard drive is small enough for me to pack in my computer bag with my computer...." Read more

233 customers mention202 positive31 negative

Customers like the back-up of the computer drive. They say it is excellent for system backups, and does a great job of backing up files. They also appreciate the option to continually backup automatically with no complicated commands. Customers also mention that PC backup is a snap with many options to configure backup.

"...drive as a gigantic flash drive without partitioning and reliably retrieve the files again, although this isn't a priority function for my purposes...." Read more

"...After a call to tech support to answer a question I had, the back up was quick and easy: connected it, clicked "select disk" in Time Machine, chose..." Read more

"...On the positive side, it backs up all the files on your computer very quickly - in 15 minutes or so, depending on how much is on the computer...." Read more

"...And, as I found out the hard way, OOPS! Seagate does a great job of backing up your files. ... Want to seamlessly restore them?..." Read more

226 customers mention222 positive4 negative

Customers like the portability of the hard drive. They mention that it is small, very portable, easy to carry, and easy to drop in your bag. It is also quick for a portable drive and is lightweight. Customers also like the slim, sleek, and attractive design. Overall, most love the product and find it handy for travelling.

"...I also like the design of the portable hard drive!Overall, I love it. No issues or problems. Simple and straight forward!..." Read more

"I've had the drive for a week and so far it has worked well. It is extremely light and quiet, also thin compared to most drives...." Read more

"This is a very nice portable hard drive which appears to be well reviewed and liked by most Amazon Customers...." Read more

"This drive is exactly what I wanted. Very portable, very fast, and it works on my Mac, PC, and the USB port for my TV...." Read more

185 customers mention185 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the appearance of the hard drive. They mention it's portable, good-looking, and stylish in blue. They are also impressed with the spectacular visual display of all the backups. The bright color is definitely worth an extra buck or two, and the sides have a glossy finish. The external finish is sleek and very quiet.

"...brushed metallic red finish on the top / cover plate which is aesthetically pleasing, as well as functional - in that it feels sturdy to the touch..." Read more

"...It's made of plastic but the finish on top looks very nice...." Read more

"...you will probably be impressed with the spectacular visual display of all the backups...." Read more

"...The drive looks pretty good, too. I bought the 1TB version in blue, which is pretty snazzy...." Read more

260 customers mention154 positive106 negative

Customers are mixed about the sturdiness of the computer drive. Some mention that it is well-built and durable, while others say that it fails within few days.

"...I got a message stating that the drive was corrupted and could not be accessed...." Read more

"...It does not glitch or randomly disconnect or any of that. I use this constantly, from 3 times a week, to all week long!..." Read more

"...The casing is made of plastic, it feels a little thin and sturdy at the same time." Read more

Good external hard drive.
5 Stars
Good external hard drive.
I purchased this item in 2013 and still it is working. I use this with both mac and surface.
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2012
343 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2014
Color: BlackCapacity: 1 TBVerified Purchase
Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2013
Color: BlueCapacity: 1 TBVerified Purchase

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English