To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

JJC LH-52 Metal Lens Hood for Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM and EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, Canon 40mm 2.8 Lens Hood, replaces Canon ES-52 Lens Hood

4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 45 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns

Purchase options and add-ons

Brand Rainbowimaging
Lens Type Standard
Compatible Mountings Canon EF
Camera Lens Description 55 millimetres
Maximum Focal Length 1

About this item

• Fits Canon EF 40mm f/2. 8 STM, EF-S 24mm f/2. 8 STM and EF-M 18-55mm f/3. 5-5. 6 IS STM lenses.
  • Replaces CANON ES-52 Hood
  • Prevent unwanted stray light from entering the lens.
  • Ensures no problems with vignetting or motor functions.
  • The hood is crafted from high quality aluminum and adopts a screw-in design.
Serve a springtime stunner
Get ready for Easter Learn more

Frequently bought together

$11.29
Get it as soon as Wednesday, Apr 3
Only 7 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by RainbowImaging and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$149.00
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
+
$6.96
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Some of these items ship sooner than the others.
Choose items to buy together.

Compare with similar items

This Item
JJC LH-52 Metal Lens Hood for Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM and EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, Canon 40mm 2.8 Lens Hood, replaces Canon ES-52 Lens Hood
Recommendations
18-55mm Lens Hood Shade for Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is STM & RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 is STM Lens Replaces Canon EW-63C Hood for Canon Rebel T8i T7i T7 T6i SL3 SL2 EOS R8 R10 R7 90D 80D 77D
dummy
Canon EW-63C Lens Hood For EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
dummy
50mm Reversible Lens Hood Shade Fit for Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Replaces Canon ES-68 Hood Tulip Flower Design -Black
dummy
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
dummy
Reversible Lens Hood Shade Protector for Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 is STM & EF-S 18-55mm F4-5.6 is STM & RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 is STM Lens on Camera EOS R8 Rebel T8i T7i SL3 90D Replace Canon EW-63C
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$11.29$9.99-20% $23.20
List:$29.00
$8.99$149.00$9.99
Delivery
Customer Ratings
Value for money
Quality of material
Sturdiness
Lock Feature
Sold By
RainbowImaging
MagiCube Photography
Amazon.com
MagiCube Photography
Amazon.com
JW Photography Accessory
lens type
Standard
Macro
Wide Angle
compatible mountings
Canon EF
Canon EF-S
Canon EF
Canon EF-S
Canon EF-S
lens design
Prime
Zoom
Prime
minimum focal length
18 millimeters
18 millimeters
50 millimeters
24 millimeters
18 millimeters
max focal length
55 millimeters
55 millimeters
50 millimeters
24 millimeters
45 millimeters
fixed focal length
55 millimeters
55 millimeters
0 millimeters
50 millimeters
0 millimeters
55 millimeters
max aperture
1 millimeters
3.5 f stop
0 f stop
1.8 f stop
2.8 millimeters
4.5 f stop

Product Description

JJC LH-52 Lens Hood is designed to fit Canon EF 40mm f/2. 8 STM, EF-S 24mm f/2. 8 STM and EF-M 18-55mm f/3. 5-5. 6 IS STM lenses. JJC LH-52 replaces CANON ES-52. The hood helps to minimize flare by deflecting stray light from entering the lens. The hood is crafted from high quality aluminum and adopts a screw-in design. It allows you to put on the original lens cap and filters. There is no vignetting with the hood on. In addition, The hood provides extra protection for the lens from accidental impacts, bumps, and scratches. Compatible with: - Canon EF 40mm f/2. 8 STM - Canon EF-S 24mm f/2. 8 STM - Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3. 5-5. 6 IS STM

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

JJC

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

What's in the box

• CANON ES-52 Lens Hood Replacement
  • Customer reviews

4.5 out of 5 stars
    4.5 out of 5
    45 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality, value, ease of installation, fit and protection of the lens hood. For example, they mention it's as good as the original, works great for less money and that the metal built feels substantial. They appreciate the small size and compact design. That said, they're happy with the material.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

18 customers mention18 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the quality of the lens. For example, they mention it has an excellent build quality, is strong, and is not made of cheap plastic. Some say that it holds up well to lens flare. Overall, most are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...The shade appears to be of good quality and threaded onto my Canon EF40mm STM lens with no problem...." Read more

"it is nice , I like that it is made of metal and is not cheap plastic. however it sure adds to the weight of this tiny lens...." Read more

"...While the other hoods are plastic, this one is metal and feels very solid. Someone commented that it might be brass, and I think he may be right...." Read more

"This hood is inexpensive and solid, made of metal rather than cheap plastic...." Read more

11 customers mention11 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the value of the lens shade. They mention that it works great for less money than the Canon version, and is cheap enough to replace.

"...hood is a quality alternative to the Canon lens shade at a very reasonable price...." Read more

"This hood is inexpensive and solid, made of metal rather than cheap plastic...." Read more

"...about how well the painted surface will hold up, but it's cheap enough to replace...." Read more

"It arrived and is well worth the money and it works" Read more

9 customers mention9 positive0 negative

Customers find the installation of the lens hood to be easy. They mention that it screws on and off the lens easily, and there's no fear of stripping the threading. The hood is threaded at the front end to accept filters, and it went on without any problems. Customers also appreciate the compatibility with their Sigma DG filter and the ability to allow screw-on filters to be used.

"...It also went on without any problems...." Read more

"...It screws on nice and easy, and while I try to be careful with the equipment I have, accidents do happen and I feel better having the added..." Read more

"...to protect the front element of my lens as well as the ability to allow screw on filters to be used...." Read more

"Easy to put on and definitely worth it to protect the lens" Read more

6 customers mention6 positive0 negative

Customers like the fit of the lens. They mention that the lens cap fits in just fine, and the hood fits nicely.

"...It's built out of aluminum and feels solid and fits perfectly." Read more

"...excellent build quality , perfect fit. Does it work? who knows? ,..." Read more

"...The fit and finish are second to none. Quality material is also noted...." Read more

"...The lens cap fits in just fine, and I often forget the lens has a hood on it." Read more

6 customers mention6 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the protection provided by the lens hood. They mention it's a good way to protect your lens while preserving the look of your 40mm STM. They also appreciate the ability to protect the front element of their lens from smudges.

"...I also believe that the lens shade offers some protection from objects that may brush up against or get propelled onto the surface of the lens /..." Read more

"...I love that this will allow me to protect the front element of my lens as well as the ability to allow screw on filters to be used...." Read more

"Easy to put on and definitely worth it to protect the lens" Read more

"...The GOOD: - it puts a layer of protection between your lens and things you might bump or brush up against...." Read more

5 customers mention5 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the material of the camera lenses. They mention that it is made of metal, aluminum, or lightweight brass.

"it is nice , I like that it is made of metal and is not cheap plastic. however it sure adds to the weight of this tiny lens...." Read more

"...While the other hoods are plastic, this one is metal and feels very solid. Someone commented that it might be brass, and I think he may be right...." Read more

"...It's built out of aluminum and feels solid and fits perfectly." Read more

3 customers mention3 positive0 negative

Customers like the appearance of the camera lens. They say it is made of metal, flawlessly designed, and executed.

"...Will buy again. This is a simple piece and it is flawlessly designed and executed. The fit and finish are second to none...." Read more

"...Light weight and the quality of the pictures is super!" Read more

I think it's good to have
    5 Stars
    I think it's good to have
    I wasn't sure if this accessory was essential. I read many lens reviews which indicated that it wouldn't be necessary. I purchased it on the assumption that it was better to have it and not need it than to not have it. The shade appears to be of good quality and threaded onto my Canon EF40mm STM lens with no problem. Like another viewer, I attached a UV filter to the lens and then the shade onto to the filter. It also went on without any problems. I believe that the purpose of the lip on the end of the lens shade is to attach a lens cap and not to provide any shielding from stray light. The lip is also knurled to ease gripping during installation or removal. (I don't tighten my filters too tightly on this lens because of the focusing system, so I also do not overtighten the lens shade when I use it on this lens - although, it almost always never comes off, except for cleaning the filter.) The inner portion of the shade with the round opening seems to be what will actually block stray light from falling onto the lens / filter's surface. Although I didn't have any vignetting in my photos (See examples), I believe it is not recommended to stack more than one filter. I believe this is not only to prevent vignetting, but to keep the weight of the moving part of the lens assembly down. (I also have a conventional metal lens hood on my Canon EFS 24mm STM lens - this one protrudes more than the JJC LH-52 lens being reviewed). I also believe that the lens shade offers some protection from objects that may brush up against or get propelled onto the surface of the lens / filter. I also believe that the engineers at Canon made this style of lens shade to serve its purpose of getting better images and to maintain compactness, not to just provide another accessory for consumers to feel obligated to purchase. The JJC LH-52 lens hood is a quality alternative to the Canon lens shade at a very reasonable price. I am totally satisfied with this purchase and the follow up from the company, Rainbow Imaging, to see if I was satisfied with their service and product.
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2023
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's good to have
    Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2023
    I wasn't sure if this accessory was essential. I read many lens reviews which indicated that it wouldn't be necessary. I purchased it on the assumption that it was better to have it and not need it than to not have it. The shade appears to be of good quality and threaded onto my Canon EF40mm STM lens with no problem. Like another viewer, I attached a UV filter to the lens and then the shade onto to the filter. It also went on without any problems. I believe that the purpose of the lip on the end of the lens shade is to attach a lens cap and not to provide any shielding from stray light. The lip is also knurled to ease gripping during installation or removal. (I don't tighten my filters too tightly on this lens because of the focusing system, so I also do not overtighten the lens shade when I use it on this lens - although, it almost always never comes off, except for cleaning the filter.) The inner portion of the shade with the round opening seems to be what will actually block stray light from falling onto the lens / filter's surface. Although I didn't have any vignetting in my photos (See examples), I believe it is not recommended to stack more than one filter. I believe this is not only to prevent vignetting, but to keep the weight of the moving part of the lens assembly down. (I also have a conventional metal lens hood on my Canon EFS 24mm STM lens - this one protrudes more than the JJC LH-52 lens being reviewed). I also believe that the lens shade offers some protection from objects that may brush up against or get propelled onto the surface of the lens / filter. I also believe that the engineers at Canon made this style of lens shade to serve its purpose of getting better images and to maintain compactness, not to just provide another accessory for consumers to feel obligated to purchase. The JJC LH-52 lens hood is a quality alternative to the Canon lens shade at a very reasonable price. I am totally satisfied with this purchase and the follow up from the company, Rainbow Imaging, to see if I was satisfied with their service and product.
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    One person found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2015
    Reviewed in the United States on March 9, 2023
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars A little added protection
    Reviewed in the United States on March 9, 2023
    I agree with the comments made by InHisHand. I also have the same configuration. A UV filter, then the lens hood on my EF-S 24mm lens. It's just too easy to smudge this lens (or worse).

I purchased the JCC lens hood for both my Canon 50mm prime lens and my Canon 75-300mm, and am happy with them. The only OEM lens hood I have is for the 18-55mm kit lens. Big difference is the price of course, but I didn't want to buy something cheap just because it's cheap (if you get my meaning).

While the other hoods are plastic, this one is metal and feels very solid. Someone commented that it might be brass, and I think he may be right. It screws on nice and easy, and while I try to be careful with the equipment I have, accidents do happen and I feel better having the added protection of both a filter and a hood. Not that it's expensive, but I've come to enjoy using this little lens and want to take care of it and that was the main reason I bought this combo based on some of the reviews presented
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    2 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on June 16, 2015
    Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2013
    Reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2023
    Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2013
    Reviewed in the United States on July 27, 2013
    3 people found this helpful