Buy new:
To see product details, add this item to your cart.
Ships from: Wholesale Photo
Sold by: Wholesale Photo
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Ships from and sold by DHNETWORKS.
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Added
Sold by: Amazon.com
Sold by: Amazon.com
Shipping rates and Return policy
Added
Sold by: Murphy's Camera
Sold by: Murphy's Camera
(8404 ratings)
100% positive over last 12 months
Added
Sold by: ThePixelConnection
Sold by: ThePixelConnection
(2987 ratings)
91% positive over last 12 months

Nikon AF S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras

4.8 4.8 out of 5 stars 2,219 ratings
Amazon's Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately.
Amazon's Choice in SLR Camera Lenses by Nikon

Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
Lens Only

Purchase options and add-ons

Brand Nikon
Focal Length Description 85 mm
Lens Type Telephoto
Compatible Mountings Nikon F (FX)
Camera Lens Description 85 month

About this item

• Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
  • Internal focus, focal length: 85 millimeter, minimum focus range: 0.80 meter
  • Silent wave motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
  • M/a focus mode switch. Filter-attachment size is 67 millimeter (p=0.75 millimeter)
  • Nikon super integrated coating (sic)
  • 85 millimeter fixed lens, maximum reproduction ratio 0.12 x
Bake something bright
Get ready for Easter Learn more

Frequently bought together

$476.95
Get it as soon as Sunday, Mar 24
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
+
$216.95
In Stock
+
$196.95
In Stock
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Choose items to buy together.

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

SERIAL #304337. FULL 14 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, FULL 90 DAY PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY.

To report an issue with this product or seller, click here.

Compare with similar items

This Item
Recommendations
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras (Renewed)
dummy
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
dummy
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras (Renewed)
dummy
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED Fixed Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
dummy
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras, 2183, Black
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$476.95-24% $599.00
New Price:$796.95
$216.95-28% $1,502.08
New Price:$2,096.95
$526.95$196.95
Delivery
Get it as soon as Wednesday, Mar 20
Get it as soon as Wednesday, Mar 20
Customer Ratings
Picture quality
Quality of material
Auto focus
For portrait photography
Durability
Sold By
Amazon.com
Minty Gadgets (we track serial numbers)
Amazon.com
Minty Gadgets (we track serial numbers)
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
lens type
Telephoto
Standard
Standard
Telephoto
Wide Angle
Standard
compatible mountings
Nikon F (FX)
Nikon F (DX)
Nikon F (FX)
Nikon F
Nikon F (FX)
Nikon F (DX)
lens design
Prime
Prime
Prime
Prime
Zoom
Prime
focus type
Ultrasonic
Auto Focus
Ultrasonic
Auto Focus
Auto Focus
Auto Focus
minimum focal length
85 millimeters
20 millimeters
50 millimeters
105 millimeters
35 millimeters
35 millimeters
max focal length
85 millimeters
20 millimeters
50 millimeters
35 millimeters
35 millimeters

From the manufacturer

About us

Nikon is famous for its cameras and binoculars, but we make a whole range of other products too. For example, did you know we manufacture equipment used to fabricate the semiconductors found in your PC and smartphone? And that we make measuring instruments that detect microscopic defects in electronic components? Nikon technologies contribute to people's lives in ways you may never have imagined.

Looking for specific info?

What's in the box

• AF S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Fixed Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
  • HB-62 Bayonet Lens Hood
  • LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
  • LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
  • CL-1015 Semi-soft Lens Case
  • Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]

Feedback

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

URL:
    Price: ($)
    Shipping cost: ($)
    Date of the price:
    /
    /

Store name:
    City:
    State:
    Price: ($)
    Date of the price:
    /
    /

Please sign in to provide feedback.

Product guides and documents

Product Description

To focus using autofocus with manual override (M/A): Slide the lens focus-mode switch to M/A. If desired, autofocus can be over-ridden by rotating the lens focus ring while the shutter-release button is pressed halfway (or, if the camera is equipped with an AF-ON button, while the AF-ON button is pressed). To refocus using autofocus, press the shutter-release button halfway or press the AF-ON button again. The fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 performs brilliantly under any lighting conditions and delivers beautiful, natural background blur that brings out the best in any subject. Compatible Format(s) - FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film.

Customer reviews

4.8 out of 5 stars
    4.8 out of 5
    2,219 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the clarity, image quality, performance, and value of the camera lens. They mention that it produces excellent IQ, from sharpness to color rendition, and bokeh is remarkable. That said, some are happy with the focus, sharpness, and weight.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

297 customers mention284 positive13 negative

Customers are satisfied with the quality of the camera lenses. They mention that the lens is top notch, great for macro and close-up shots, and outstandingly good for the price. The construction of the lens feels nice and solid, and the focusing is fast. Overall, customers are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...It is a heftier lens, solidly built but just not the best choice available for my travel kit or budget...." Read more

"...using this lens with an adapter on m4/3 and NEX bodies as it allows the use of precise, easily set and repeatable aperture settings...." Read more

"...as the Nikkor 85mm 1.4g (of course- the 1.4g is metal) but maintains a quality build by any measurement and many will appreciate the lighter weight..." Read more

"...AF-S 60mm f/2.8 micro: Great macro lens: I use this for very close up shots...." Read more

222 customers mention217 positive5 negative

Customers are satisfied with the image quality of the lens. They mention that it is great for shooting beautiful portraits, and flowers. The bokeh is remarkable, and they are consistently stunned by the quality of photos they are able to take with it. The lens is well-balanced, sharp, and has great contrast. It is able take flashless photos that look more natural, and it allows them to take candid shots. The design is simple and should give customers many years of faithful service.

"...The bokeh is remarkable, as good or better as anything I have seen. But again, that is a subjective matter...." Read more

"...The 1.4G is a bit sharper, has better bokeh, less vignetting at the same aperture setting, even less purple fringing, better flare resistance,..." Read more

"...for portraits as well (with some lighting support) and I can get really good candid shots since I can be much farther away 10-20ft from my subjects..." Read more

"...I do keep the hood on at all times though.Bokeh - Very nice and pleasant...." Read more

177 customers mention170 positive7 negative

Customers are satisfied with the sharpness of the camera lenses. They mention that it is exceptionally sharp, tack sharp in the center of the frame, even wide open. The f/1.8 is a great alternative to the much pricier f/2. However, some customers find the 1.4G to be a bit sharper, with better bokeh and less vignetting.

"...used it but but there are sufficient reviews that agree it is exceptionally sharp, that the VC is effective, but there are also some reports of..." Read more

"...The 1.4G is a bit sharper, has better bokeh, less vignetting at the same aperture setting, even less purple fringing, better flare resistance,..." Read more

"...serve as my main portrait lenses (on a DX) due to their tack sharpness, low light capability, and bokeh (ability to blur background)...." Read more

"...The f/1.8 is tact sharp and at great alternative to the much pricier f/1.4 option ($1500). The performance between the 2 lens is marginal...." Read more

109 customers mention104 positive5 negative

Customers appreciate the value of the camera lenses. They mention that it is well worth the price, and provides incredible performance and value for slower-paced shooting.

"...Sigma from competitors so far is that it came up with a good, cheap solution that can correct focus shift and any compatibility problems (so far)..." Read more

"...This prime lens is a safe, affordable and way to see for yourself how good a prime lens can be as against the kit zoom lens...." Read more

"...The Nikon 85mm 1.8g is one of the best bargains and best performing lenses for beginners, hobbyists, advanced hobbyists, and real part-time pros..." Read more

"...Nikon (Black)]] which offers incredible performance and value for slower-paced shooting...." Read more

106 customers mention79 positive27 negative

Customers like the focus of the camera lenses. They say it's fairly quick, the autofocus is consistently more precise, and significantly quieter. The focusing ring is nice and smooth, and both the auto focus and manual focus work very well.

"...so far is that it came up with a good, cheap solution that can correct focus shift and any compatibility problems (so far) with Nikon cameras, using..." Read more

"...In addition, the 1.8G autofocus is now consistently more precise and significantly quieter...." Read more

"...on both a D300s and a D800 is incredibly fast and the manual focusing ring is smooth as butter with manual over ride in auto...." Read more

"...great priceCons:- slow focus- corner softness at wide apertures, goes away at about f4.0 (on DX bodies)-..." Read more

101 customers mention93 positive8 negative

Customers are satisfied with the performance of the lens. They mention that it performs almost flawlessly as a classic portrait lens, and even better stopped down. It's compact, affordable, and produces very impressive results. Customers are also pleased with the test results so far compared to what they consider to be the best lenses. The manual focusing ring is smooth, nicely weighted, and has no play.

"...sufficient reviews that agree it is exceptionally sharp, that the VC is effective, but there are also some reports of consistent focus issues...." Read more

"...This lens is light, compact affordable, but produces very impressive results...." Read more

"...The auto focus speed of the 1.8g on both a D300s and a D800 is incredibly fast and the manual focusing ring is smooth as butter with manual over..." Read more

"...Set my aperture around f/4 and f/5.6. I was extremely pleased with the end results. Pictures were sharp...." Read more

66 customers mention66 positive0 negative

Customers like the weight of the camera lens. They say it's very light, easy to carry, and feels like metal. Some customers also mention that it' s compact and magnetic when they look it wide.

"...nearly as inexpensive as this Nikkor 85G AND also be as small and light weight...." Read more

"...This lens is light, compact affordable, but produces very impressive results...." Read more

"...by any measurement and many will appreciate the lighter weight and smaller size, especially on the smaller D600 body (compared to D800 or D4)...." Read more

"...1. Super light weight2. Fast focus3. Tact sharp4. Awesome low light performance5. Great bokeh..." Read more

47 customers mention47 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the clarity of the lens. They mention that it produces excellent image quality, with sharpness to color rendition and bokeh. Customers also appreciate the lens' ability to freeze the action and give a fair representation of depth of field. They also appreciate that the lens has better flare resistance, better micro-contrast, and richer color.

"...setting, even less purple fringing, better flare resistance, better micro-contrast and richer color...." Read more

"...Gorgeous bokeh, super sharp images and it's decently fast." Read more

"I love prime lenses for their low light abilities, background blur, and my ability to "see" the shot before I take it because the distance..." Read more

"I love how clear the image comes out when you nail the focus. It's just perfection. But note I said when you nail the focus...." Read more

Great Lens with Beautiful Bokeh
    5 Stars
    Great Lens with Beautiful Bokeh
    I was looking at the 85mm lens. I was torn between the 85mm f/1.8G lens and the 85mm f/3.5G Micro lens. While I enjoy taking macro/micro shots, I wanted a lens that was sharp and had good bokeh. I also wanted to use the lens for general photography. I was spoiled using my 40mm f/2.8G micro lens as it does a great job with both micro and general photography. I decided on the 85mm f/1.8G lens. I haven't looked back.This 85mm f/1.8 is a sharp lens with beautiful bokeh. I use this lens with my Nikon D7000 which equates to a focal length of 127.5mm. It took awhile to get used to the distance or focal length. I usually have to take a step or two back to get the object/subject to focus.I currently use the lens for florals and garden pictures. The pictures are sharp from f/1.8 through f/16. The bokeh is beautiful at f/1.8 through f/2.8. Creamy is the word that comes to mind. I've been really happy with the results from this lens.I've posted some pictures in the gallery. There's a few florals (e.g. daylilies) and I also took some pictures of the packaging for this lens.I'll be back to post any updates and additional pictures.** Update 07/12/12 **I've had the chance to use this lens over several days taking pictures for a VBS event at my church. This lens does an amazing job with portraits. I set my D7k to Aperture and f/4. The bokeh is beautiful. I like how my focused subject appears to pop out of my pictures. Love this prime lens even at 128mm (DX). I've figured out how far (distance) I need to stand away from my subjects. My pictures are very sharp! Great lens!** Update 08/09/12 **This has been my "go to" lens for the last several weeks. I'm using this lens for taking candid shots and portraits of people. I mentioned before that I have to take a step or two back when I compose my pictures. I love doing this as I don't appear to be intrusive with my camera. Sometimes folks don't even notice I'm taking their pictures.I've been using this lens in low light and haven't been disappointed. I love the results I'm getting.** Update 09/02/12 **This lens is now on my camera full time. It has become my favorite fixed prime lens (over my 50mm, 40mm, and my 35mm). I'm still getting great results whether photographing inside or outside. My images are always coming out sharp with lovely bokeh.** Update 09/23/12 **I used this lens for a class photo shoot using my D7000. Set my aperture around f/4 and f/5.6. I was extremely pleased with the end results. Pictures were sharp. I'm having a blast with this lens!** Update 11/10/12 **I'm now a proud owner of the Nikon D600 full frame DSLR camera. I mounted this 85mm lens and what a beautiful combination. Now I know what other reviewers mean when they say it's a fantastic portrait lens. It truly is! I'm getting beautiful results and it's great to be able to use this lens as a true 85mm.** Update 10/02/13 **I had another opportunity to use this lens for another class photo shoot, but this time with my D600 camera. The portraits came out beautifully. Sharp pictures with lovely bokeh at f/4. No surprise that this lens and my D600...a great combination. One of the students peered at the back of my camera to see what the pictures looked like. Her comment: "Wow...the pictures are clear!"
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 14, 2017
    Style: Lens OnlyVerified Purchase
    34 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2012
    344 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
    Amazon Customer
    5.0 out of 5 stars Super lente
    Reviewed in Mexico on July 14, 2023
    Diego
    5.0 out of 5 stars Lente muito boa
    Reviewed in Brazil on September 22, 2022
    Nicole Robson
    5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens
    Reviewed in Canada on July 27, 2022
    Customer image
    Nicole Robson
    5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens
    Reviewed in Canada on July 27, 2022
    Love this lens. It’s easy to use. Great for portraits, and landscapes. The images are sharp. Great value. Highly recommend.
    Images in this review
    Customer image
    Customer image
    allwinkutty
    5.0 out of 5 stars Best lens
    Reviewed in India on May 20, 2023
    2 people found this helpful
    Pascual lopez Alba
    5.0 out of 5 stars Bra varan snabb leverans och kommunikation ok
    Reviewed in Sweden on May 3, 2023