Confirmed: Nikon press conference next week, very good chance of D7100 announcement

nikon-press-center

I can now confirm that Nikon has scheduled press events in several different countries for next week, which is an indications for a major new product introduction. The exact announcement date for the US could be as early as Tuesday night (February 19th) but most likely everything will happen on Wednesday night.

Since Nikon already announced new mirrorless products at the CES show in January, new lenses and Coolpix cameras at the CP+ show in February, the only logical product for next week is the D7000 replacement (most likely called D7100 with 24MP sensor and 100-6400 ISO range). As previously reported, I expect Nikon to concentrate on DX products this year and a new DX lens could also be introduced together with the D7100 next week.

This entry was posted in Nikon D7100. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.
  • FCC disclosure statement: this post may contain affiliate links or promotions that do not cost readers anything but help keep this website alive. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Thanks for your support!