The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

V

Vivek

Fun begins soon. :) On my way to pick up my kit..

The wait is over..

NEX-6, 16-50 PZ, ISO800, 28mm

Last edited:

hot

Now NEX6 is available in Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Germany ....

I'll wait until my dealer gives -23% ... like NEX7 in January .. when NEX7 came to market.

V

Vivek

Now NEX6 is available in Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Germany ....

I'll wait until my dealer gives -23% ... like NEX7 in January .. when NEX7 came to market.
Now for the impossible..:D here is a cheerful news for you!

The advertised price for the kit is 949 Euros. Sony gives a 75 Euros cash back (active from tomorrow).

How about that! :cool:

V

Vivek

Looking forward to hear how you like it. I am specially interested what you think about AF.
It will take a while before I can say anything about that, Tom. Camera is great (as I expected). The details need to be figured out, over time.

V

Vivek

A few snaps (jpegs out the cam, downsized in LR) near Amsterdam RAI

NEX-6, 16-50 PZ, ISO800

One snap at ISO12800, at 16mm with NR turned off (the Hague)

BackToSlr

Vivek,

Do you have any Sony flashes? I am curious to know if the onboard flash will trigger sony flashes. I am keen on 6 to use it as my general camera.

Cheers,

N

V

Vivek

Vivek,

Do you have any Sony flashes? I am curious to know if the onboard flash will trigger sony flashes. I am keen on 6 to use it as my general camera.

Cheers,

N
Hi, I only have the smallest ones and they can not be fired (now they can not be mount on the camera either, I have to find the new Sony adpter for them). However, I did check the flash function in the camera and yes there is wireless (WL) function. :)

So, I guess you are in good shape. :)

BackToSlr

Hi, I only have the smallest ones and they can not be fired (now they can not be mount on the camera either, I have to find the new Sony adpter for them). However, I did check the flash function in the camera and yes there is wireless (WL) function. :)

So, I guess you are in good shape. :)
:) Thanks, I guess they dont ship the adapter with the body ...I think they do with A99...

N

hot

The advertised price for the kit is 949 Euros. Sony gives a 75 Euros cash back (active from tomorrow).
Price on (German) sunny side ... ääähhh ... sony side was lowered from 949 to 945 :p ...

75€ cashback? ouuuhhh ... only 8% ? I'll wait for 23% :D

jonoslack

Hi Vivek
Congratulations on being the first around here with the new camera - looks fine.
Do you have the skinny 16-50 kit lens? is it any good?
all the very best

philber

Congratulations, Vivek! Also, your early pics seem quite promising. Better than what I remember from my 5N and kit zoom. Those seemed to be more "flat" than what you ar egetting out of your NEX 6 and pancake zoom. Any comments?

V

Vivek

Philber, Thanks. The zoom and I will not like each other. It is for sale.

Here is a snap with the old kitzoom at 55mm with the Kenko tube set.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

NEX-6, 18-55, f/16, 1/50s, ISO1600, Kenko tube set.